The 2022 KTM 85 SX offers a real taste of the big leagues by giving young racers a real-world big bike experience with an impressive list of componentry and blistering performance. This is also thanks to its lightweight, high-quality frame which houses a compact rocket ship of an engine, delivering unrivaled rideability, providing the ultimate platform for aspiring racers.
Engine & Exhaust
- Engine: It took extreme levels of ingenuity to fit the race-winning formula of KTM's bigger 2-strokes into a compact 85 cc engine. A special manufacturing process is used and provides impressive weight savings without sacrificing strength or durability. The super compact power plant is fitted with a 6-speed gear box and delivers class-leading power and rideability throughout the entire rev range. The power valve plays a key role in tailoring power delivery to suit track conditions and rider ability, ensuring that the only rider surprised by the incredible performance is the competition.
- Cylinder: The cylinder on the 2020 model has a bore and stroke of 47/48.95 mm. It features a sophisticated power valve system, which controls both the exhaust valve and the sub exhaust ports, giving the bike excellent torque and power delivery. This translates into significant midrange performance, reducing the need to overwork the clutch in loamy or sandy conditions. An adjuster screw allows the opening time of the power valve to be adjusted to suit rider preference and track conditions.
- Crankcases And Engine Covers: The crankcases are manufactured using a high pressure die-cast production process, keeping wall thickness to a minimum while retaining strength and durability. The design of the cases is very compact and aims at positioning the shaft arrangements as close as possible to the center of gravity, contributing to better handling.
- Transmission: The 85 SX features a light and robust 6-speed gearbox. The gear ratios have been developed to perfectly match the characteristics of the engine, while easy and precise shifting allows the rider to select the next gear quickly and confidently. The gearbox features a new drive shaft which uses a screw for front sprocket fixation and diaphragm spring instead of a circlip, ensuring secure front sprocket fixation. Another highlight of the 85 SX transmission is the "no-dirt" gear shifter. Similar to the footpeg design, it prevents the build-up of dirt and ensures the next gear is always available, no matter what the conditions.
- Crankshaft: The KTM 85 SX features a lightweight crankshaft with optimized balancing for reduced vibration and oscillating mass. As light as the crankshaft is, the rotational inertia has not been compromised, ensuring maximum torque and revs, as well as easy rideability.
- Condition New
- Year 2022
- Make KTM
- Model 85 SX 19/16
- Category Mx
- Type Motorcycle
- Price $6,399
Estimate Payments1 -
At Ridersville Cycle, our mission is to offer you the latest in parts and products, at the best prices, and with unparalleled service.We pledge our best efforts to make your experience both beneficial and enjoyable. Once you give us a try, we’re sure you'll be back for more!