- All-New 890cc Liquid-Cooled 3-Cylinder DOHC Fuel-Injected Engine: The 2021 MT-09 features a newly developed 890cc liquid-cooled 3-cylinder, DOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder fuel-injected (YCC-T) engine with a downdraft intake. The bore × stroke of 78 mm × 62.1 mm and 11.5:1 compression ratio provide outstanding torque with strong power delivery characteristics. Almost all of the fundamental parts of the engine, from the pistons and connecting rods to the crankshaft, camshafts and crankcase, have all been redesigned with a reduction in weight. The combination of improved combustion efficiency and lighter weight results in an impressive 11% improvement in fuel efficiency as well, from 44 MPG to 49 MPG.
- Eight Pounds Lighter: Weighing in at only 417 pounds, the 2021 MT-09's new engine, chassis and bodywork extensively incorporate weight-reducing technologies, to weigh in 8 pounds lighter than the former MT-09.
- New Lightweight Aluminum Frame: The 2021 MT-09 features a newly developed lightweight aluminum frame which has been further refined to showcase the MT's signature “agility." To ensure both straight-line stability and handling performance, the balance of longitudinal, lateral and torsional rigidity has also been improved. Most notably, the lateral rigidity has been increased by approximately 50% for even more straight-line stability. The all-new frame is manufactured using the latest in Yamaha's controlled filling (CF) die casting technology which contributes to the 2021 MT-09's reduced weight
- 6-Axis IMU: The 2021 MT-09 features a newly developed 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) that retains the base performance of proven IMU in the YZF-R1 but is 50% smaller and 40% lighter due to a thorough review of the sensor layout. The engine control unit (ECU) that receives and reflects the data from the IMU is equipped with three rider aids: a Traction Control System (TCS), Slide Control System (SCS) and front-wheel LIFt control system (LIF). All three systems work together to help the rider concentrate on riding to better extract the machine's potential. Each of the systems can also be turned on or off and have their levels of intervention adjusted to preference. With this best-in-class electronic control technology, the 2021 MT-09 gives you the ultimate control in varying weather and surface conditions.
- 3.5-inch Full-Color TFT Instrument Display: The MT-09 features a 3.5-inch full-color TFT display that features a bar-type tachometer that changes colors as rpm rises or falls, a clock and displays for remaining fuel, average mileage, water temperature, air temperature and a gearshift indicator (color reversed for gear in use). Easily switch between displays and information with the handlebar switches.
- Condition New
- Year 2021
- Make Yamaha
- Model MT-09
- Category Sportbike
- Type Motorcycle
- Location Bemidji, MN
- Price $9,399
Estimate Payments1 - Sponsored By Bemidji Sports Centre
Sponsored By Bemidji Sports Centre
We send you a warm welcome from your friends here at Bemidji Sports Centre. Your power sports dealer for Honda, Yamaha, Can-Am, Sea-doo and Polaris. It is time to get serious about fun. Dedication- Here at Bemidji Sports Centre we are dedicated to bringing you the customer the best customer service in the area. We want every customer to not only enjoy the friendly atmosphere here at Bemidji Sports Centre but to also feel welcome.