2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000R, 2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000R
It has been three decades, with more than a million editions sold, since the GSX-R line was born. And a decade and a half has elapsed since the first GSX-R1000 transformed the open sportbike class forever. Now, the 2017 GSX-R1000R is redefining what it means to be The King of Sportbikes.
This motorcycle’s chassis forms the lightest, the most compact, the most aerodynamic and the best-handling GSX-R1000 ever. Cradled in the new aluminum frame is an all-new engine that uses an exclusive Variable Valve Train and Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies for a wide spread of power while delivering smooth and precise throttle response.
Using an Inertial Measuring Unit (IMU) the GSX-R1000R’s advanced electronics package includes selectable performance modes so the motorcycle enhances and fine tunes rider inputs. The six-axis IMU lets the GSX-R1000R recognize its position on the street or race track to help the rider achieve an extraordinary level of riding performance.
Up front, new style BREMO T-drive brake rotors grasped by Monobloc calipers connected to the exclusive Suzuki Motion Track Anti-lock Brake system provides strong, controlled braking. The precise and smooth SHOWA Balance Free suspension keeps the sticky Bridgestone RS10 tires in touch with the road. All of this forward-looking motorcycle technology is covered in all-new, wind tunnel-developed bodywork that’s uniquely GSX-R.
The King of Sportbikes is back, bow to the King.
Features may include:
- All new 999.8cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline-four cylinder engine produces exceptionally high top-end power without sacrificing low to mid-range power thanks to a Variable Valve Train (VVT) system, Ride-by-Wire Throttle Bodies and more.
- Advanced electronics such as an Inertia Measurement Unit (IMU), S-DMS adjustable power output, and Suzuki traction control, plus other performance features, increase racetrack and street performance.
- New design, twin-spar type aluminum frame is 10% lighter and more compact, with optimized rigidity for nimble handling and a high level of grip when cornering.
- Advanced suspension uses a SHOWA Balance Free Fork and Balance Free Rear Cushion to combine with new Motion Track ABS-equipped BREMBO T-drive 320mm dual front brake rotors and Monobloc 4-piston calipers for extraordinary handling and stopping performance.
- Aerodynamic bodywork is sleek and stylish while housing a new, bright LED headlight and Suzuki Ram Air Direct (SRAD) ducts that feed a high volume of intake air for astonishing top speed muscle. Blacked out instrument panel and GSX-R1000R logo warns others that your bike is something extraordinary.
- New 32-bit Dual Processor Engine Control Module (ECM) blends Suzuki’s vast street-going