Model: FJR1300 ES
Category: Sport Touring
Location: Wylie, TX
Description & Comments
I'm selling my almost new 2015 FJR1300 ES because I lost my wife this pat Feb and have determined that I no longer need a 2-up bike. So I decided to move to a larger big adventure bike and bought a new 2016 Super Tenere ES.
This is a 2015 FJR with electric suspension and inverted forks that you can change the dampening on the fly while moving. It also has cruise control that will set in any gear and any speed, unlike any of the cruise controls I have had on any of my Ventures. The color is Liquid Graphite (grey) and it also has ABS Brakes with traction control and has two driving modes (Sport and Touring) that can be changed on the fly. Oh, and it has heated grips and removable saddlebags with FJR Liners.
I bought and built this bike last Sept as a 2-up replacement for my Yamaha RS Venture, so I’ve added a bunch of extra accessories as follows:
- OEM FJR Trunk Color matched w/Star Trunk Rack (every touring bike I’ve ever owned has had a trunk rack and I discovered that one of my RS racks would mount up nicely with a little modification)
- Cee Bailey larger windscreen
- Motorcycle Larry forward riding pegs
- PUIG Frame Sliders
- SW-Motech Mirror Extensions
- V-Strom DL650 Hand Guards w/foam grips
- I’ve installed a 6 position accessory fuse panel w/switched power relay under the seat
- Helibar Handlebar Risers that move the handlebars up 1” and back 2”
- Hyper Lites on each side of LED License Plate Bracket
- The OEM Horn has been replaced with a pair of 400/500 hz PIAA Slime Line Horns
- Reflective Saddlebag Decals
- R&G Sidestand Foot Enlarger
- Both seats have been widened and Butt Butler rebuilt w/2” Sargent Atomic Foam keeping the oem covers
- And I left the J&M 2003 CB so the driver and passenger could talk to each other. It also has an alternate input for either a Zumo or MP3 Player. And I left a Motorcycle Larry reservoir ball mount.
- And my E-Z Touring full motorcycle cover is going with the FJR because it’s too big for my Tenere
This bike only has 4,528 miles and I broke it in right by changing the oil and final drive fluid at 200 miles with new break in oil and at 1,000 miles I changed to AMSOIL 10/40 Synthetic with an AMSOIL nano fiber filter which is good for 8,000 miles. It’s about ready for a new set of tires and I was going to put Michelin Pilot Road GTs on it. But after reading a review on the new Dunlop RoadSmart III tires, I decided leave it to the choice of whomever bought it. In other words it will have your choice of new tires on it when you buy it. I bought this bike at a good price, so I think with the low mileage and everything that comes on the bike, that $14,000 is a decent price to start with. And I’ve got a clear title.
Let me know if you are interested,
Note: Specifications are provided by the manufacturer and may not reflect modifications made to the Motorcycle.
- Length: 87.8 In. (2,230 Mm)
- Height: 52.2 - 57.3 In. (1,325 - 1,455 Mm)
- Width: 29.5 In. (750 Mm)
- Weight: 644 Lbs. (292 Kg) Wet
- Ground Clearance: 4.9 In. (125 Mm)
- Wheelbase: 60.8 In. (1,545 Mm)
- Seat Height: 31.7 Or 32.5 In. (805 Or 825 Mm)
Brake Wheel Tire
- Brakes: Front: Dual 320 Mm Discs / 4-piston Calipers And ABS Rear: 282 Mm Disc / Single Piston Caliper And ABS
- Tires: Front: 120/70-ZR17
- Suspension: Front: Electronically Adjustable KYB Inverted 43 Mm Fork Rear: Electronically Adjustable Link Monocross
- Rake: 26° (caster angle)
- Trail: 4.3 In. (109 Mm)
Famous for outstanding reliability and performance, the FJR1300 has a reputation that is second to none in the sport touring world. Featuring the latest electronic rider aids and bold styling, the FJR offers more comfort, performance and value than ever before. The FJR1300ES features electronically adjustable suspension, allowing the rider to instantly tailor suspension settings to suit load and riding conditions.Note: Specifications are provided by the manufacturer and may not reflect modifications made to the Motorcycle.