Selling: my 2008 V Star 1100 Classic. I've owned it for just under 10k miles over four years & a lot of the fun for me has been in modifying and improving it. I ran out of projects early last season and have been enjoying it since then but am thinking it's time for a change.This bike is not stock, but it runs well & reliably.Mods:Performance
- Cobra Power Pro HP 2-into-1 exhaust, which sounds great & runs better
- Chubby performance intake (under tank pod filters)
- Rejetted the carbs when I did the above three years ago
- Steel braided brake lines (& swap to DOT6 brake fluid)
- Extension Depot oil filter relocation kit (with larger hoses - .34" ID / AN6 - to avoid oil starvation issues). This is a huge bonus - stock, you have to remove the lower exhaust pipe in order to change the filter. Now it's just behind the front wheel & it's a larger KN-303C.
- LED headlight
- All American Rider XXXL soft saddlebags & supports
- National Cycles Street Shield windscreen
- Chrome front crash bar & highway pegs
- Oxford motorcycle clock
- The Dowco cover I use & its case
- All the stock parts I have - notably the factory airbox and the chrome eyebrows that go on the rear fender instead of the bag supports
- It leaks a bit of oil, which has been perennial and hard to track down. If I haven't fixed it by now I doubt I'll get it fixed by the time you come see it.
- The oil light is pretty much always on despite the oil level being correct.
- Could use a wash, I guess? It's really a solid machine.
- Tires are Michelin Commander IIs, replaced pretty much right when I got the bike in 2018. They look like they've got loads of life in them still though.
- Brakes bled & fluid topped up last month
- Oil change done last month
- Replaced petcock & gasket this week to clean up a minor gas leak
- Condition Used
- Year 2008
- Make Yamaha
- Model V STAR 1100 CLASSIC
- Category Cruiser
- Type Motorcycle
- Location Columbus, OH
- Mileage 11,085
- VIN JYAVP11E48A107779
- Primary Color Black
- Engine Size 1,063
- Engine Type V-Twin
- Price $4,000
- Options: Air Cooled, Custom Exhaust, Cycle Cover, Fork Lock, Saddle Bags, Shaft Drive
Estimate Payments1 -
Actual trade-in value is dependent upon an in-person inspection.