For Sale – 2005 Yamaha R1 (YZF-R1). Highly sought-after Shift Red color and often described as one of the best-looking sport bikes ever made (now everything looks like a bug or a spaceship). Only 12,940 miles, great condition, garage kept, extremely well maintained. This bike has always been ridden conservatively and has never been stunted or raced.
Modifications include: license plate delete, flush mount turn signals, HID headlights, and tinted factory windscreen. Mechanically stock. Runs perfect, starts right away every time. Oil recently changed (Always the highest quality oil: Amsoil 10W-40) and brakes completely flushed recently. Stock exhaust has been ceramic coated black and internals replaced with racing baffles.
Although this bike has been babied to the extreme it does have some minor cosmetic damage from when a person lightly backed into it and knocked it over in the parking lot a couple of years ago. There are some scratches and a crack on the nose fairing, but they don't really stand out and I constantly get compliments on the bike every time I ride. I’ve tried to capture everything in the pictures for full transparency.
I’m really only selling it because I never have time to ride any more. I’ve owned it since 2008 and it’s never been dropped, wrecked, or otherwise damaged other than the one parking lot incident.
I’m selling it with all the accessories which should really give you everything you need to start riding. Included are:
- Solo seat cowl (perfect condition)
- KBC Helmet (my spare helmet, maybe only worn 5-10 times ever)
- Front and rear bike stands (great for cleaning chain / wheels and essential for changing oil)
- Cardo Packtalk Slim helmet bluetooth / communication device (great condition - installed in my main helmet for about 3 months but removed because I opted just to wear my airpods. I paid $250 for this.)
- Alpinestars RC-1 leather jacket (size 44 - I think I paid $600+ for this originally, minimally worn, great condition)
- Battery tender quick charger
- ABUS concrete anchor (never installed, but the highest quality concrete anchor I could find to lock my bike to)
- All the various stock / original parts I removed and kept
- Cycle Cover
- Condition Used
- Year 2005
- Make Yamaha
- Model YZF
- Category Sportbike
- Type Motorcycle
- Location Houston, TX
- Mileage 12,940
- Primary Color Shift Red
- Engine Size 998 cc
- Price $7,950
- Options: Custom Exhaust, Water Cooled, Cycle Cover