Honda “Taco Bender” café racer conversion. Base is a 1981 Honda CX500, but that is just the beginning. This bike was modified into a café racer that makes heads turn wherever it goes. It has been featured online, including on silodrome (search “honda CX500 café racer taco bender silodrome”)
This bike was purchased by my friend in 2012 from the person who did the conversion. Notes from the person who did the conversion:
- Very loud and fast, stands out wherever it goes
- Refabricated a rear frame to hold a 2009 Yamaha R1 monoshock rather than the dual stock shocks
- Seat pan and tail housing is also fabricated to hold battery and small storage area under custom made tuck and roll seat
- Rear bullet style tail light is LED for extra safety and runs cool to the touch
- Mounted a 2010 inverted front fork from a Hyosung GT600R, this was done to make room to mount a 16 rear wheel and brake on the front. This matches the rear wheel; the bike stands out with fat tires on both ends
- Fabricated a small nacelle for holding some wiring and a retrofit by-xenon single projector headlight system that works great on the twistys at night
- Has clip-on bars with new (at the time) levers, cable, and grips with just a simple stock tachometer gauge with built in temp gauge
- Front fender and brake brackets were made in house along with the 2 into 1 open exhaust wrapped in cloth
- Tires are 130/90/16s
Original engine has 13,700 miles, post-conversion odometer shows 1,250 miles.
This bike belonged to a friend of mine who recently passed away. It now belongs to his wife and I am helping her sell this and other bikes. She is the seller and she has a clean title in hand.My friend was an avid motorcyclist who took great pride in his bikes and he cared for them accordingly. I do not know all details for this bike but interested buyers should ask any questions they may have. If I don’t know an answer, I’ll inquire with his mechanic, dealer, etc. and get back to you ASAP.
Service records, documentation and multiple keys included.If you are local to Arlington VA, I will be happy to show you the bike in person.
Buyer is responsible for pickup in or shipping from Arlington VA 22201. I will be happy to assist the buyer in coordinating logistics.
- Condition Used
- Year 1981
- Make Honda
- Model OTHER
- Category Other
- Type Motorcycle
- Location Arlington, VA
- Mileage 1,250
- VIN Number JH2PC0103BM208431
- Primary Color Black
- Secondary Color Gold
- Engine Size 500 cc
- Price $6,500