1981 Honda CM400E, 27,531 miles. To be noted, the prior owner installed a low mile1983 CM450E engine in the chassis. I have no idea how many miles are on that engine, but I can say with no reservation it runs beautifully! Well, it is a HONDA!
The bike runs, shifts, and corners like a new motorcycle. It was a good motorcycle to start, but I took it and took it to the next level. Here is the work I did:
- Installed new All Balls tapered roller steering bearings, originals smoked
- New IRC tires and tubes front and rear, counteract bead balanced
- found and installed missing center stand
- installed replacement solenoid and new Yuasa Battery
- replaced clutch safety switch
- New motion pro choke cable
- All brakes pulled apart, lubed and checked, excellent
- new replacement headlight bucket, original cracked
- replaced seat with a perfect low mile original
- checked, lubed, and adjusted chain
- fresh oil and filter change, Honda GN4 10W-40
- Clean and detailed the bike
The exhaust and overall chrome on this bike is excellent, it was obviously kept out of the weather. The tank and side covers are in great condition, no broken tabs on covers. The tank and carbs are clean, the bike starts easily and warms up quickly.
These little Honda 400's are great and reliable bikes, they are often the perfect starter bike or a take along with your RV. When I get them, they don't last long. This is definitely one of the cleanest I've had.
My name is John, I'm Okinawa Joe. I operate a one man shop, so no details on any bike are overlooked. Every motorcycle offered for sale is reconditioned by me personally, and when I'm satisfied, it's offered for sale. I ride every bike I sell, no surprises!
*********WE CAN NOW OFFER SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE CONTINENTAL US FOR ONLY $535 (some areas excluded, call for details)**********
Okinawa Joe’s Vintage Motorcycle Sales
690 North Main St, Harrisonburg, VA
PLEASE CALL: (540) 705-4199
VA Dealer 52854
- Condition Used
- Year 1981
- Make Honda
- Model CM400E
- Category Classic / Vintage
- Type Motorcycle
- Location Harrisonburg, VA
- Mileage 27,535
- Stock Number HON2181
- VIN Number JH2NC0125BM002181
- Primary Color GREEN
- Engine Size 450 cc
- Engine Type Parallel Twin
- Price $3,750
- Options: Air Cooled
Estimate Payments1 - Sponsored By Okinawa Joe's Vintage Motorcycles
Sponsored By Okinawa Joe's Vintage Motorcycles
Welcome to Okinawa Joe's Vintage Motorcycles & Parts! Our goal is to provide a motorcycle destination in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. Located in the former Royal Motor Company building at 690 North Main Street in Harrisonburg Virginia, Okinawa Joe's objective is the sale and preservation of classic Japanese motorcycles. Even though our focus is Japanese bikes, we love all motorcycles regardless of style and origin of manufacture.