Kawasaki unveiled a range of new 2016 powersports vehicles Tuesday. The fresh lineup includes new Mules, Teryx models, a Z800 ABS motorcycle and a KX450F motocross bike.
2016 KAWASAKI MULE PRO-FX
Having received acclaim and awards following its launch last year, the powerful and dependable Kawasaki MULE PRO-FXT is now available as a single-row seating variant called the MULE PRO-FX for the 2016 model year, giving full-size side x side customers another purchase choice. The new single-row PRO-FX gains a larger steel cargo bed, giving it the largest in its class and 20% bigger than any previous MULE, without sacrificing any of the cab’s comfort, but increasing its hauling capacity.
Developed alongside the PRO-FXT, the new MULE PRO-FX shares the same engine and chassis platform, meaning it is still the fastest and most powerful MULE ever built, with independent suspension, powerful disc brakes, effective engine braking and optional speed-sensitive power steering.
The cargo bed has a massive 1000-lb. carrying capacity and is able to accommodate a full-size wooden pallet with the tailgate closed — something the competition can’t do!
The PRO-FX is also able to tow up to 2000 lbs. when the optional hitch is fitted, so the MULE PRO-FX will be perfectly suited to the job site, hobby farm or for a weekend adventure in the back woods. With this much capability, the MULE PRO-FX will allow you to clear your “To-Do List,” leaving you plenty of downtime once the work is done, and is always available for fun on the weekends.
Special Features Of The 2016 Kawasaki MULE PRO-FX:
- — Class-leading 48 lbs.-ft. of torque from new 812cc three-cylinder fuel injected engine
- — Fastest, most powerful MULE ever built
- — NEW Largest high-tensile steel cargo bed in its class
- — Haul up to 1000 lbs. (where permitted by state law) (600 lb max for California models)
- — Tow up to 2000 lbs. (where permitted by state law) with 2” receiver hitch
- — Independent front and rear suspension, disc brakes, CVT, Electric Power Steering
- — NEW Comfortable, single-row bench seating with auto-style seatbelts for each occupant
- — Cockpit features tilt steering (except non-EPS model), multi-function LCD display and multiple 12V outlets powered by high-output alternator
- — Roll Over Protective Structure and automotive-style doors
- — Non-EPS, EPS, EPS LE and CAMO models available
- — Backed by a Kawasaki STRONG Limited Three-Year Warranty
- — A vast range of Kawasaki Genuine Accessories available from launch
The MULE PRO-FX is from Kawasaki’s manufacturing plant in Lincoln, Nebraska, and the result of Kawasaki’s 130-year history in heavy industry. It is part of Kawasaki’s expansive side x side family that continues to be Kawasaki STRONG, built strong to work hard, backed by a factory three-year limited warranty and recognized as the market leader.
The MULE PRO-FX comes in four models, each packed with a host of Kawasaki STRONG features.
The non-EPS model comes standard with steel wheels and two DC outlets in the cab. It is available in the Super Black finish.
The second variation in the PRO-FX lineup is the EPS model. This comes standard with the same amenities as the non-EPS but with the addition of Electric Power Steering (EPS) and a tilt steering wheel. This model is available in Timberline Green and Super Black, with a contrasting graphic along the doors and cargo bed.
Next in the range is the desirable EPS LE. This variation comes standard with a host of additional upgrades over the EPS model, including LED auxiliary headlights, aluminum wheels and a composite sun top. Color options are Timberline Green and Dark Royal Red with a contrasting graphic along the doors and cargo bed.
The MULE PRO-FX is also available in Realtree Xtra Green Camo, which gives the avid hunter the ultimate color scheme for any adventure. The Camo model includes EPS, tilt steering function and LED auxiliary headlights as part of the package.
MSRP: MULE PRO-FX, $11,999; MULE PRO-FX EPS CAMO, $14,199; MULE PRO-FX EPS, $12,999; MULE PRO-FX EPS LE, $14,199
2016 KAWASAKI MULE PRO-DX
The 2016 Kawasaki MULE PRO-DX side x side will be available in December 2015 and Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. is able to reveal many details about its most capable diesel-powered MULE ever built. With its class-leading cargo bed size that will accept a standard-size pallet, the MULE PRO-DX side x side will surely be the most dependable and capable workhorse any job site, farm or construction zone will ever need.
Because it is a Kawasaki, the MULE PRO-DX side x side is backed by 130 years of industrial and engineering excellence that began with shipbuilding and continues with aircraft parts, robots, gas turbines and more. Like all Kawasaki products, the new MULE diesel models are built Kawasaki STRONG for ultimate durability, capability and comfort.
Other than the inclusion of a new 993cc three-cylinder diesel engine, the MULE
PRO-DX is the same rugged and reliable vehicle as the MULE PRO-FXT that was launched to great acclaim last year. It is packed with a powerful combination of features, which means impressive hauling and towing capacity, unparalleled comfort thanks to independent four-wheel suspension and wide bench seating, selectable four-wheel drive traction with rear differential lock as well as a rugged chassis to soak up all kinds of punishment. In fact, the new MULE PRO-DX side x side will get your work done faster, allowing you to get more done each day.
Special Features Of The 2016 Kawasaki MULE PRO-DX
- — Robust 993cc 3-cylinder diesel engine with excellent torque and pulling ability
- — 55-amp alternator provides power to operate numerous accessories at once
- — Largest cargo bed in its class accommodates a standard-size pallet and haul up to 1000 lbs.
- — Tow up to 2000 lbs. with 2” receiver hitch
- — Independent front and rear suspension, disc brakes, CVT, Electric Power Steering (EPS models only)
- — Comfortable bench seating and automotive-type doors
- — Cockpit features tilt steering, multi-function LCD display and multiple 12V outlets for charging devices
- — Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) and three-point seatbelts for each occupant
- — Non-EPS, EPS and EPS LE models available
- — Kawasaki STRONG Three-Year Limited Factory Warranty
- — More than 60 Kawasaki Genuine Accessories available
The MULE PRO-DX comes in three models, each packed with a host of Kawasaki STRONG features.
The MULE PRO-DX non-EPS model comes standard with steel wheels, a tilt steering wheel and two DC outlets in the cab. It is available in Super Black.
The second variation in the MULE PRO-DX lineup is the EPS model. This comes standard with the same amenities as the non-EPS but, as its name suggests, with the addition of Electric Power Steering (EPS). This model is available in Timberline Green and Super Black, with a contrasting graphic along the doors and cargo bed.
Next in the range is the desirable MULE PRO-DX EPS LE model. Equipped with all the aforementioned equipment, this variation comes standard with a number of additional upgrades over the EPS model, including LED auxiliary headlights and a composite sun top. Color options are Timberline Green and Dark Royal Red with contrasting graphics along the doors and cargo bed.
MSRP: MULE PRO-DX, $13,199; MULE PRO-DX EPS, $13,999; PRO-DX EPS LE, $14,899
2016 KAWASAKI MULE 4010 & MULE 4000 MODEL RANGE
The need for a reliable, multi-task vehicle has never been greater, and the four-wheel drive MULE 4010 models as well as the rear-wheel drive MULE 4000 is built to tackle any job, anywhere. When large amounts of supplies, gravel or grain need to be moved, these MULE side x sides have the strength to haul the load while also carrying two passengers. But when the necessity for carrying cargo shifts to ferrying people, the rugged MULE 4010 Trans4x4 can quickly transform into a versatile four-seater, thanks to its Trans Cab design.
The ability to change configuration, from one-row of seating to two rows without using additional tools or removing parts, is what makes the Trans4x4 one of the most versatile vehicles in its class. Yet the rugged MULE4010 4×4 and the MULE 4000 RWD will still prove invaluable on the worksite, farm or fishing expedition.
The 2016 Kawasaki MULE 4010 Trans4x4 side x side was born with an unstoppable work ethic, an industrial design and an ability to have fun. It is driven by a powerful 617cc V-twin engine that is liquid-cooled and metered by a Digital Fuel Injection (DFI) system that ensures the correct amount of fuel is always available to meet the driver’s demands.
Its versatile Trans Cab system means it can carry two people and have a large loading area in the cargo bed, capable of carrying up to 800 lbs. Yet when the job demands more people, the Trans Cab can be transformed quickly into the four-passenger mode, gaining an e bench seat behind the driver and shortening the rugged steel cargo bed, which can still carry up to 400 lbs.
The Trans Cab system requires no tools, and no parts are removed. The operation simply requires latches to be released on the rear divider panel, which is then secured in the rear mounting position. The left and right bed extensions are then folded to the rear of the bed before the seat is raised and latched into place. It’s a simple operation that can be quickly executed by one or two people. It means the MULE 4010 Trans4x4 side x side can go from work to play or transporter to hauler in no time, and still retain its 1,200-lb towing capacity at all times.
Additional features include a ROPS (Roll Over Protection System) structure, independent front suspension and a durable De Dion rear suspension system to ensure greater comfort and superior traction, as well as Electric Power Steering (EPS) to reduce effort at low speeds as well as reduce fatigue by damping any steering kickback on uneven surfaces. All MULE 4000 series models are fitted with sealed drum brakes at each corner to provide ample braking power and to prevent dirt getting into the system.
The MULE 4010 Trans4x4 side x side is available in a number of colors, including Timberline Green and Dark Royal Red. A popular option among owners who also use their MULE for hunting or fishing is the Realtree Xtra Green Camo finish, which allows the vehicle to blend into its surroundings.
Additionally, there is a 2016 Kawasaki MULE 4010 Trans4x4 SE model. This “Special Edition” is available in Super Black and is equipped with LED headlights plus a composite sun top.
MSRP: MULE 4000, $8,999; MULE 4010 4X4 SE, $10,549, MULE 4010 4X4, $10,199; MULE 4010 TRANS4X4 SE, $11,999; MULE 4010 TRANS4X4, $11,199 ($11,699 Camo model)
2016 KAWASAKI TERYX
People who like their adventures to include mud, trails and the great outdoors, the 2016 Kawasaki Teryx side x side should be on the top of their shopping list. This incredibly versatile and sporty recreational utility vehicle combines great off-road ability and impressive comfort with legendary Kawasaki durability and quality. And for the 2016 model year, it has received a host of upgrades that will make it more appealing than ever.
New features include a redesigned front face that gives it a more aggressive persona to accompany its off-road toughness. The dashboard layout is new, and tilt steering is standard on all models, plus a thicker, sportier steering wheel for more driver comfort and confidence as well as standard Electric Power Steering (EPS) on all models. Further updates see the Teryx family getting new tool-free adjustment for the driver’s seat as well as new optimized setting for its Fox Podium 2.0 shocks. Add bigger 14” wheels on the Teryx LE model, and four powerful LED headlights on the LE and Camo models, plus a Kawasaki STRONG three-year limited factory warranty, and the 2016 Kawasaki Teryx side x side is an unbeatable package.
Special Features Of The 2016 Kawasaki Teryx
- — NEW Styling including hood, headlights and front bumper
- — 783cc V-twin engine with strong mid-range and engine braking
- — Stable body design with 50:50 weight distribution for confident handling
- — OPTIMIZED Fox Podium 2.0 shock settings
- — NEW Tilt steering column with thicker steering wheel
- — NEW Tool-less driver’s seat adjustment
- — NEW Dash layout with extra accessories switches and storage pocket
- — NEW 14” aluminum wheels on the Teryx LE model
- — NEW Four LED headlights on Teryx LE and Camo models
- — Versatile cargo bed, large storage area behind front seats
- — Standard Electric Power Steering on all models
- — Standard hard top on Teryx LE and Camo models
- — Standard Kawasaki STRONG three-year limited factory warranty
The two-seat 2016 Kawasaki Teryx side x side is available in three different levels of specification. All pack the same combination of powerful, reliable engine, selectable all-wheel drive traction, durable, tough chassis, sporty suspension, all around versatility and fun.
The first model is the 2016 Kawasaki Teryx EPS model, which is equipped with advanced Electric Power Steering to help the driver maneuver at low speed and reduce terrain kickback as the speed increases. TheTeryx EPS model is available in Bright White, which looks great on the aggressive lines of this sporty vehicle.
The 2016 Teryx LE model incorporates everything on the EPS model, including its Electric Power Steering, and adds new lightweight 14” cast aluminum wheels for extra style. These are fitted with some of the largest tires available in the side x side category and provide outstanding rough terrain performance, obstacle clearance and cornering confidence.
In addition, the Teryx LE model gets four powerful LED headlights and a hard sun top to protect the occupants from the hot sun or falling rain. This vehicle can be purchased in a choice of Candy Lime Green paint or Metallic Flat Raw Graystone.
Finally, there is the 2016 Teryx Camo model, which is equipped with standard EPS, four powerful LED headlights and a hard sun top. As its name suggests, the Camo model is finished in the authentic Realtree XtraGreen Camo pattern that makes it ideal for hunters, photographers, backwoodsmen or anybody who wants to maintain a low profile while off-road.
MSRP: Teryx EPS, $12,999; Teryx Camo, $14,299; Teryx EPS LE, $14,999
2016 KAWASAKI TERYX4
The Kawasaki Teryx4 vehicle is the pinnacle of side x side performance and style, especially with its new attention-grabbing front bumper, hood and headlight design. Able to accommodate four full-size adults, the side x side can provide exciting and reliable off-road enjoyment for the whole family.
The 2016 Teryx4 side x side leads the way with performance, power and improved handling thanks to revised settings for its Fox Podium 2.0 shocks, allowing Kawasaki to set the benchmark in its class.
The entire family will be able to enjoy the comfort and smooth ride plus a long list of standard features that will make backwoods excursions more fun than ever. The sporty handling and trail-taming comfort is matched bya durable and powerful V-twin engine, which can drive all four wheels with precision through its Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). The driver is able to navigate all types of terrain with ease thanks to the cutting-edge standard Electric Power Steering (EPS) system that provides light, low-effort steering and now includes a thicker steering wheel and tilt steering column for a great fit and sporty feel. Add a Kawasaki STRONG three-year limited factory warranty and it is easy to see why the 2016 Kawasaki Teryx4 side x side is an unbeatable package.
Special Features Of The 2016 Kawasaki Teryx4
- — NEWStyling including hood, headlights and front bumper
- — 783cc V-twin engine with strong mid-range and engine braking
- — Stable body design with 49:51weight distribution for confident handling
- — OPTIMIZEDFox Podium 2.0 shock settings
- — NEWTilt steering column, thicker steering wheel
- — NEWTool-less driver’s seat adjustment
- — NEWDash layout with extra accessories switches and storage pocket
- — NEW14” aluminum wheels on the Teryx4 LE model
- — NEWFour LED headlights on Teryx4 LE and Camo models
- — Versatile cargo bed, large storage area behind front seats
- — Standard hard top on Teryx4LE and Camo models
- — StandardElectric Power Steering on all models
- — Standard Kawasaki STRONG three-year limited factory warranty
The four-seat 2016 Kawasaki Teryx4 side x side is available in three different levels of specification. All pack the same combination of powerful, reliable engine, selectable all-wheel drive traction, durable, tough chassis, sporty suspension and all-round versatility and fun.
The first model is the 2016 Kawasaki Teryx4 EPS side x side, which is equipped with the advanced Electric Power Steering (EPS) to help the driver maneuver at low speed and reduce terrain kickback as the speed increases. The Teryx4 EPS model is available in Bright White, which looks great on the aggressive lines of this sporty vehicle.
The 2016 Teryx4 LE model incorporates everything on the EPS model, including its Electric Power Steering.It adds new lightweight 14” cast aluminum wheels for extra style. These are fitted with some of the largest tires available in the side x side category and provide outstanding rough terrain performance, obstacle clearance and cornering confidence.
In addition, the Teryx4 LE model receives four powerful LED headlights and a hard sun top to protect the occupants from the hot sun or falling rain. This vehicle can be purchased in a choice of Candy Lime Green paint, Metallic Flat Raw Graystone or Candy Persimmon Red.
Finally, there is the 2016 Teryx4 Camo model, which is equipped with standard EPS, four powerful LED headlights and a hard sun top. As its name suggests, the Camo model is finished in the authentic Realtree XtraGreen Camo pattern that makes it ideal for hunters, photographers, backwoodsmen or anybody who wants to maintain a low profile while off-road.
MSRP: Teryx4 EPS, $15,799; Teryx4 Camo, $16,299; Teryx4 EPS LE, $16,999
2016 KAWASAKI Z800 ABS
The aggressive styling and powerful punch of the Kawasaki Z1000 has won it many fans, and now it gets a sibling in the form of the new-to-North America 2016 Kawasaki Z800 ABS. This mid-level streetfighter brings the same attitude as its bigger brother, with similarly aggressive styling, sportbike heritage and a powerful 806cc four-cylinder engine. Whether it’s being used on back roads for a Sunday fun run or city streets, the stripped down style and sporty handling will deliver grin-inducing performance. What’s more, it is delivered with Kawasaki’s legendary reliability and durability.
The 2016 Kawasaki Z800 ABS is a 49-state model, which will not be available in California but can be purchased in every other state.
Special Features Of The 2016 Kawasaki Z800 ABS
- — Aggressive, stripped down streetfighter styling
- — Reliable and torquey 806cc four-cylinder water-cooled engine
- — Smooth power delivery with strongperformance at high RPM
- — Sporty,stable steering thanks to responsive chassis geometry
- — Natural riding position ideally suited to back-road fun or city commuting
- — Adjustable KYB front and rear suspension allows the rider to tailor the handling
- — Modern instrumentation provides plenty of information with stylish design
- — Legendary Kawasaki reliability, durability and build quality
2016 KAWASAKI KX450F
Forty years of Kawasaki KX racing tradition, innovation and championship pedigree can be summarized in one word: Proof. Whether it’s claiming 32 AMA Supercross titles, a plethora of wins in media shootouts, or the bike ridden by legends such as Ryan Villopoto, Jeremy McGrath, Jeff Emig, Jeff Ward and Ricky Carmichael — riding a KX motorcycle is the quickest path to a podium. The proof? It’s verifiably the most successful supercross and motocross bike from any manufacturer.
As the flagship of the KX fleet, the Kawasaki KX450F motorcycle is the most successful 450cc motocross bike available on the market today. This powerful, agile and technologically advanced machine is built for today and tomorrow’s champions. More than simply race-ready, the KX450F motorcycle is like having factory support at your fingertips. It is the most advanced motocross bike Kawasaki has ever produced and is backed by the industry-leading Team Green™ support network that can be found trackside, with plenty of suspension advice and even engine settings.
The KX450F motorcycle is completely new for 2016, to give riders the sort of advantage the competition might consider unfair.
Kawasaki is not sitting on its laurels, giving the engine more power and 7.5 lbs. less weight than before. In fact, the entire motorcycle has seen a significant weight reduction thanks to the redesigned engine as well as a new aluminum perimeter frame.
Riders will also enjoy the improved rider adjustability as well as electronic upgrades aimed at maximizing performance for a variety of riders in any situation while giving the rider supreme confidence.
Special Features Of The 2016 Kawasaki KX450F
- — NEW Among the lightest curb weights in class after a 5 lb overall weight reduction
- — NEW Lighter, more powerful engine with new engine cases
- — REVISED Bridged-Box bottom piston based on AMA factory race bikes
- — REVISED Intake port improves performance in mid-to-high RPM range
- — REVISED Intake valve shape increases air volume
- — NEW Intake camshaft is lighter and has revised timing for low-mid RPM response
- — NEW High-flow airbox with rear intake channels improve flow and reduce noise
- — NEW Header with integrated resonator chamber for crisp throttle response
- — NEW Mass-centralizing exhaust muffler to reduce sound and weight
- — Plug& play DFI couplers allow easy engine map changes
- — NEW Slimmer, lighter perimeter frame and swingarm improve rider feel
- — Launch control based on factory race bike system
- — Industry-leading Show a SFF-Air TAC fork and Uni-Trak rear suspension
- — NEW Aggressive factory styling and flatter seat for easier rider movement
- — 4-way adjustable handlebar and 2-way adjustable footpegs fit a wide range of riders