The Aprilia homepage features images and details on the Aprilia SMV 750 Dorsoduro. The 750 Dorsoduro is described as a no-frills racing machine that eliminates everything the rider does not need and focuses on performance. The minimal design gives a clear look at the inner workings of the bike.
According to Aprilia…
Lightweight, agile, and powerful, the SMV 750 DORSODURO benefits from a new generation of engine and some of the most advanced technical solutions found on any motard. Thanks to advanced electronics, its compact 90° V twin engine delivers power that rivals or exceeds that of many larger twins.
And as Aprilia traditions demand, the chassis is simply unrivalled. Developed to deadly effect on the super-specialist SXV, this mixed steel trellis and aluminium frame has become the hallmark of Aprilia motards. With technical specifications far in advance of the competition, this frame sets new standards for rigidity and agility.
On essential machines like the Aprilia SMV 750 DORSODURO, the minimalist and aggressive bodywork is nothing more than a frame for motorcycling technology, with engine and chassis becoming central to the overall design.
The SMV 750 DORSODURO is a radical, acrobatic, sports motorcycle with no space for frills or parts that are not essential to delivering maximum riding pleasure. That is why body panels are reduced to a minimum. Just like a real racing machine, the SMV 750 DORSODURO eliminates everything the rider does not actually need, including passenger footrests (available as an optional accessory). And no frills means a clear view of the bike’s amazing technical components.
The features of the Aprilia SMV 750 DORSODURO in greater detail:
- 90° V twin engine with four-valve heads, double overhead cam and liquid cooling
- Ride-by-wire controls
- Electronic fuel injection with the latest generation of injectors
- Mixed gear and chain timing drive
- Three way catalytic converter with Lambda probe
- Compound steel trellis and aluminium alloy frame for extremely light weight and high torsional rigidity
- Aluminium alloy swingarm with offset monoshock
- Fully adjustable 43 mm upside down fork
- Racing brakes with radial front calipers