FIND USEFUL INFORMATION ON FINDING AND SELLING YOUR CYCLE
Searching and Browsing
If you have not decided on the specific motorcycle you are interested in, try our Browse feature and scroll through photo ads by motorcycle type. Narrow your search to target the perfect cycle. Once the search results are displayed, you can sort them by price, date placed, or model year.
We encourage you to join My Trader and start using our premium services. Create and save searches that you perform regularly and save ads that interest you. Joining is free and takes just minutes to complete!
Advanced search enables you to search in detail with multiple search criteria such as make, state, zip code, and keyword.
Some ads may not have a price listed. To avoid "call for price" ads, select both a minimum and maximum in the price range. Set your minimum to at least $100.
If you are looking for a single model year, such as a 1974, enter that year both in the beginning and end of the year range.
You can search by Zip Code, Region, State, or Area code. Default search area on the home page search is a 250 mile radius from the zip code entered.
Browse is designed for those of you who don t have a particular motorcycle in mind. Click on Browse and select a motorcycle type, such as Cruiser or Touring. Then you ll be able to narrow your browse further by make or location.
Selling Your Cycle
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
Tips to help you place your listing quickly and sell your vehicle faster.
- Have your basic vehicle information handy; such as the year, make, model, and selling price. When describing your vehicle, be sure to include the best features. Showcase your ad by using words such as "one owner, brand new, garage kept, fully loaded, best offer, one of a kind" etc. Also use the brand names of important accessories or parts that are included with the vehicle. Use complete sentences in your description if possible.
- Have an email address. You'll need an email address to complete the Place an Ad process. If you do not have an email address, click one of the following links to set up a free email account.
- Include a photo with your ad. Photos help sell! The more the better. They give the potential buyer a visual cue to inquire about your boat, yacht or personal watercraft. Please be sure that your photo is in .jpg or .gif format. Resize your photo so that it is no more than 100K so it will load quickly. We offer Tips for Uploading Photos. [Link to Tips for Uploading Photos, below]
- Have your credit card handy. We currently accept American Express, Diner s Club, Mastercard and Visa. We know how important internet security is to you. That's why we have the latest security software in place from eFunds Corporation.
- Be prudent in dealing with buyers. Buyers and Sellers should be prudent
and careful in any exchange of money, contracts, legal documents, and written or verbal communications. For information about avoiding potential buyer scams, please visit our Security Center.
Tips for Uploading Photos
- Image Dimensions: 640x480
Digital photo should be 640x480 pixels or smaller. Please resize larger images proportionately. A larger image may appear distorted, or may not appear at all.
- File Size: Smaller is Better
Prospective buyers may not wait for a large file to download so keep your photo's file size under 100KB. (File sizes are listed next to file names in your computer's directory. If you cannot see them, select "View" from the directory's menu and then select "Details" to display.)
- File Format: JPEGS Only,br />
To provide prospective buyers with the best possible quality images, please ensure your photo file is in JPEG format (i.e. a file name that ends with '.jpg'). Note that renaming a file other than a JPEG to give it the suffix .jpg is not sufficient to display it (see 'How to Resize and Reformat Photos' below). A file in a format other other than a JPEG will not appear at all.
- File Naming Conventions
Please name your image files as follows: Vehicle make and model followed the '.jpg' suffix. Use underscores rather than spaces. Do not use special characters (&, /, $, etc). An example of an appropriate file name is: "honda_accord.jpg".
How to Resize and Reformat Photos
Open your photo in an image-editing program.
Change the Image Size so that the width is between 565 and 640 pixels (avoid image distortion by making sure the image is resized proportionately).
Select "Save As" from the File menu.
Select JPEG (.jpg) as the file format and save the image to your hard drive using the naming convention above.
How to Reduce Photo File Size
Photo file sizes are affected by factors such as image size and resolution (image quality). Some image-editing programs allow JPEG files to be saved in various qualities. The lower the quality, the smaller the file size. Follow these guidelines to keep your file size low.
- Select a resolution of 72dpi.
- Observe a maximum image size of 640x480 pixels.
- Adjust image quality. (A quality level below "Medium" is not recommended.)