Make sure you're well-protected while you ride: invest in quality safety gear.
High quality gear has 5 main qualities that you want to look for:
- Fits appropriately - Find just the right size. Many items are adjustable or stretch to fit, such as balaclavas, gloves, and thermals.
- Impermeable - Especially if you find yourself caught in the elements, you want to make sure that your gear is waterproof.
- Free of defects - This means no cracked helmets, broken zippers, holey jeans, missing straps, etc.
- Bright - Anything you can do to help yourself be seen on the road is a plus, especially when riding after sundown.
- Allows movement - Uncomfortable gear can restrict your movements and slow your reaction time.
And if you want to make sure you look the part while you're out on two wheels, there is virtually no limit to your options in leather jackets or vests, leather chaps and pants, boots, gloves, helmets, rain suits, leather care products and much, much more.