Motorcycle rallies and runs are becoming increasingly popular across the United States. Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned rider, there are a few motorcycle events in the United States you won't want to miss. These rides encompass the very heart and soul of the motorcycling community and should be on every rider's "bucket list". Here are 10 major motorcycle events in the United States.
1. Sturgis Motorcycle Rally This world famous event can draw over 650 000 motorcycle enthusiasts annually to the Black Hills of South Dakota. Every August, the local streets become parking lots as the masses descend on the small town of Sturgis and the party begins. Whether you go to enjoy the scenic rides or hang around the campgrounds for music, beer and contests, this event should be on every biker’s bucket list. The Sturgis Buffalo Chip is tops in our books for entertainment, camping and all around fun during the rally plus the town of Deadwood and Main Street Sturgis.
2. Daytona Bike Week
Ten days of motorcycle racing, concerts, parties and street festivals draws 500,000 people to Daytona Beach, Florida
every year in March.
3. Rolling Thunder The annual Ride for Freedom is hosted by Rolling Thunder®, Inc, an advocacy group dedicated to increasing awareness of American POW/MIA issues. The Memorial Day weekend event brings hundreds of thousands of motorcyclists and supporters to the D.C. area. This event is considered more a demonstration then rally and well worth it. Rolling Thunder®, Inc works non-stop helping out Veterans past and present.
4. Bikes, Blues and BBQ Billed as the “Largest U.S. Charity Rally”, BBB, as it has been dubbed, entices approximately 400,000 motorcycle enthusiasts to Fayetteville, Arkansas during the last weekend of September.
5. Love Ride Rooted in Glendale, California, the charity motorcycle event will celebrate its 30th anniversary this October. The 40-mile ride will once again benefit the USO and Jay Leno will return as Grand Marshall.
6. Laconia Motorcycle Week Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire is the location for one of the largest and oldest motorcycle rallies in the country. This June marked the 90th anniversary of the week-long festival.
7. Indiana Boogie Hosted by ABATE of Indiana, this is the biker party of parties- four days of bands, beer and bikes from July 18-21. Indiana Boogie events include an arm wrestling tournament, a motorcycle rodeo and a scenic ride.
8. Laughlin River Run Nevada hosts this 5-day event in April, filled with tons of concerts, vendors and gambling. See Historic Route 66 the way it was meant to be seen by attending this year's Laughlin River Run.
9. Myrtle Beach Bike Week There are over 80 miles of beautiful coastal riding at “the Carolina’s Largest Motorcycle Event”. Held annually in May, this event boasts attendance of 300,000.
10. Redwood Run Plenty of on-site camping with bathrooms and showers make this a truly classic old school motorcycle rally. Enjoy scenic rides if you want, or park your bike for the weekend and enjoy the continuous live music, games and contests and endless food, beer and cocktails.
The title says 10 but we need to add one that we just attended - the Hollister Rally in California. The Hollister Rally was cancelled five years ago and just returned this year bigger and better then ever.
No matter where you choose to ride this year, BAM will be there. Our free roadside and legal assistance program ensures that you are backed by the nation's largest network of bikers helping bikers. 24/7 we are there for you and if you are ever injured in a motorcycle accident, you can also rest assured that the Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys will be there to fight aggressively for your rights. Call us today at 1-800-4-BIKERS or visit us on the web at RussBrown.com.